This page contains some information about me.
- Presently pursuing Ph.D. in Mathematics in University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, United States
- Among several other interests, I am passionate about teaching mathematics. Since 2010, I have taught hundreds of math Olympiad candidates from four to five countries including India, United States, UK, Middle East, Singapore.
- I also work as an Instructor for university students at the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
- I am the founder of Cheenta Ganit Kendra, a premier Math Olympiad Training center in India.
- In Mathematics, Geometry, Group Theory and Topology (Differential Topology) particularly interests me.
- Puterbaugh Scholarship (Souther Arkansas University, 2008)
- International Excellence Scholarship (Southern Arkansas University, 2007)
- Research Excellence Scholarship (University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 2015)
- Chancellor’s Award (University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 2015)
“Our experience with Cheenta has been excellent. Even though my son started in Middle School, they understood his Math level and took personal interest in developing a long term plan considering his strengths and weekness areas. Through out the semester courses they have nourished him with challenging problems and necessary homework. His guidance has helped my son to perform well at competitions including USAJMO and others. He has grown more confident in his math abilities over the past year and half and is hoping to do well in the future.I am impressed with their quality and professionalism. We are very thankful to Cheenta and hope to benefit from them in the coming years. I would strongly recommend them to any student who wants to learn Math by doing challenging problems, specially if they are looking for Math than what their school can offer.”Murali Kadaveru
“I remember those days amazingly well..being deprived of my sleep..my dear sleep,to stare bleary eyed at the computer screen as my hand moved mechanically to login to the skype and my mail…but as soon as the class began mathematics started working through me like caffeine.I was soon drowned in a temptuos ocean of mathematics with ashani sir holding the bars as he would guide us through the waves to gape at the simplicity yet infinite beauty of the ocean of mathematics..after the class would end..my sleep would return nd i would resign to my bed.Needless to say the course helped me to get in touch and unterstand the deeper abysses of mathematics…the journey was great though i missed some classes i never felt out of pace with sir nd his mathematics.It was a great experience.I wish now if we had the physics program back then…it would have been perfect!”
Arnab Barman Ray
“While there are numerous coaching options available for students preparing for IIT-JEE and similar competitive exams, it is much harder to find options for someone interested in entrance exams such as CMI’s or ISI’s. JEE coaching is not enough for these exams. I am happy to have discovered Cheenta academy which focuses on these entrance exams and is a good option for this.
When I joined Cheenta, I already knew that I liked Math and I was interested in developing my math skills for ISI and CMI entrance exam. Though the course started with a specific schedule, it later was fine tuned based on my requirements. Ashani Gupta was very patient in explaining concepts, the on-line tests conducted were quite tough, so it made me study more. Ashani also worked with me for my interviews after I cleared my entrance exams. I would definitely recommend Cheenta for any one considering to appear for Math entrance exams.”Ragini Ramalingam